Honeywell has introduced a new cloud-enabled building management service that helps prioritize building maintenance activities where they can have the most impact on overall building performance.
Combining advanced automation and data analytics, Outcome Based Service enables Honeywell service engineers to assess and scrutinize building assets around the clock, promoting the identification of anomalies and misconfigurations earlier than traditional maintenance and helping save time and money.
Without close monitoring, energy consumption can drift by up to 7 percent annually. The service taps building connectivity and sensors with the goal of ensuring that building equipment is performing at its best. Results from early pilot deployments have shown it can help organizations cut energy spend while cutting reactive service calls.
“Data can provide valuable insights about building health if you have the right combination of technology and expertise to efficiently gather and analyze it,” said John Rajchert, president, Honeywell Building Solutions. “With Outcome Based Service, Honeywell makes the most of internet connectivity to essentially ‘listen’ to what a connected building has to say, providing actionable insights to improve performance. Instead of walking through a time-consuming checklist of items to review on a regular basis, Honeywell is focusing efforts appropriately to optimize efficiency and track performance in real time.”
Outcome Based Service is the latest addition to Honeywell’s Connected Services portfolio of technologies that draw on Honeywell Building Solutions’ domain knowledge and experience and use building connectivity effectively to improve facility performance, including overall comfort and energy usage.
At the core of the latest offerings is Honeywell Sentience, an Internet of Things (IoT) platform that delivers big data capabilities for all of Honeywell’s connected solutions, demonstrating Honeywell’s vision for its overarching software platform and ecosystem.
Using diagnostic tools and Honeywell’s network of localized technicians, the service focuses on targeted interventions to help facilities more easily identify building problems and improvement opportunities that can drive energy savings along with operational and comfort improvements.
Outcome Based Service provides actionable insights in five key areas:
- Real-Time Analytics – Honeywell’s analytics platform analyzes facility data in real time to find issues faster, improving performance and efficiency, and often decreasing maintenance time.
- Dynamic Tasking – Instead of carrying out routine scheduled inspections, analytics can help prioritize maintenance to focus efforts on higher-impact activities that mitigate downtime risks and improve operational efficiencies.
- Performance Dashboards and Reports – Provides an easy-to-use, cloud-based interface to monitor building performance against an organization’s Key Performance Indicators. The cloud data can be readily accessible for all levels within an organization, with specifiable access privileges.
- Lifecycle Management – Offers an actionable roadmap with more predictable costs to keep applicable systems current and IT-compliant, and provides more efficient virus and patch update delivery.
- Continuous Service Improvement – Conducts systematic reviews to promote the prevention and eradication of problems, reducing the risk of critical incidents and downtime through root-cause analysis of reactive faults and establishing new analytics rules to more readily find future problems.