NetApp has unveiled new hybrid cloud offerings aimed at helping customers harness data for competitive advantage.
The new products enhance the company’s Data Fabric solutions and services portfolio to include the industry’s first enterprise-scale hyper converged solution (HCI), new consumption purchase models, improved all-flash capabilities, and hybrid cloud offerings that simplify moving data to and from the public cloud.
These products include:
- Improved NetApp HCI : This solution delivers on the full promise of HCI, allowing customers to run multiple applications with guaranteed performance and benefit from unmatched flexibility, scale, automation, and integration with the Data Fabric. Built on SolidFire® innovation, NetApp HCI gives enterprises, mid-sized businesses, and service providers the ability to consolidate all workloads, scale and deliver the performance required by next-generation applications. NetApp HCI features integrations with partner solutions including those from Commvault, Intel, MongoDB Enterprise, Veeam, and VMware.
- ONTAP® Select software-defined storage (SDS) optimized for new use cases. New features have been added to NetApp ONTAP Select, SDS software which delivers NetApp’s data management platform on commodity servers. A new remote office/branch office solution addresses the space and cost constraints of remote offices and ruggedized deployments with a 2-node, high availability configuration and broader support for VMware vSphere licenses. Additionally, customers can deploy enterprise NAS services in more diverse storage environments, including VMware vSAN, with external storage arrays, and when deploying the new NetApp HCI offering. ONTAP Select is also available on IBM Bluemix infrastructure as a service for an in-cloud offering. Customers can try ONTAP Select via a 90-day evaluation
- NetApp OnDemand consumption model brings cloud-like flexibility to on-premises environments. This new technology service delivery model simplifies purchase and management of data storage capacity. It marries NetApp on-premises infrastructure with the flexibility of a usage-based consumption model and the economic agility benefits of public cloud, with customers paying monthly for capacity consumed. The infrastructure is NetApp owned, customer managed, providing organizations with control and governance of their data management environment.
- OnCommand® Insight (OCI) adds new functions to ease hybrid cloud migration. OCI is pioneering software that provides hybrid IT infrastructure monitoring and analytics across the Data Fabric. It offers a single means for organizations that are embracing the cloud to manage and improve their multi-vendor hybrid infrastructure. OCI enables faster troubleshooting as well as optimization of resource usage, cost awareness, and capacity and performance forecasting. Customers can plan for migrations to the cloud by understanding the resources that applications are consuming on-premises, and can then monitor performance and capacity data of those applications once they are living in the cloud.
- New NetApp ONTAP software boosts all-flash performance, efficiency, cloud data movement to modernize operations. New levels of performance, efficiency, and cloud capabilities to NetApp All Flash FAS (AFF) arrays, the world’s fastest and most cloud-connected all-flash arrays. The availability of the FabricPool feature, demonstrated at Insight 2016, delivers automatic and transparent tiering of inactive data to the cloud, further optimizing on-premises flash and reducing overall storage costs by up to 40%. Expanded inline deduplication across multiple pools of storage increases storage efficiency by as much as 30%, building on NetApp’s leading data reduction technologies. New performance controls, including Quality of Service minimum and intelligent data placement, provide consistent performance for business-critical applications.
- NextCredit Program offers best future-proof assurance program in the industry. With NextCredit, NetApp introduces the industry’s most flexible future credit program. Customers who purchase eligible AFF A Series models and associated support contracts, upon exercising the renewal terms, will receive a flexible, fixed dollar credit toward future purchase of NetApp products. These credits let customers upgrade or build out their Data Fabric with new technologies and capabilities, including cloud and SaaS-based solutions, as they become available. It can be used in multiple ways, from AFF controller upgrades, to new nodes in a Data Fabric cluster, to licenses for ONTAP Cloud so customers can easily connect with public cloud resources.
“Organizations that understand how to derive the full value from their data will see their digital transformations drive greater competitive advantage in the shortest amount of time,” said Simon Robinson, Research vice president, at 451 Research. “To succeed, customers need to change their mindsets on data management, to liberate themselves from data siloes and seek approaches that unite data no matter where it resides. NetApp’s expanded portfolio, with its new HCI, hybrid cloud, and consumption model solutions, provides the means to maximize the impact of data, no matter where it lives, and create new value across the organization.”