Puppet opens APJ HQ in Singapore

DevOps company Puppet announced this week the opening of their new regional headquarters in Singapore.

Ostensibly to meet the increasing demand for DevOps and digital transformation in the Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ) region, Puppet is establishing Singapore as its APJ hub, and planning to make significant hires locally in software development, technical services, and go-to-market functions.

Sanjay Mirchandani, president and CEO, Puppet. said, “More enterprises in the region are adopting DevOps and pushing for a digital transformation to maximise the business potential of their software investments.”

Mirchandani added that the company is not new to the region as they have been here helping customers as they used Puppets solutions regionally. The company said that they currently have 1,200 paying customers and up to 37,000 using the opensource version.

He also said that they plan to hire up to 20 staff by the end of the year and another 10 by the end of next year. Of these, 30% will be in non-technical (sales and marketing) positions with the remaining 70% in technical (technical support, R&D, engineering) ones.

“We have always seen APJ as an important part of our global development plan. Singapore is well-known for fostering innovation and has a strong technology ecosystem with top-notch talent, and a large regional and multi-national customer presence, making it the perfect place for us to establish a regional hub,” Mirchandani said, “Through further strategic expansion, Puppet will enable more companies in APJ to power modern software deployment and better manage their infrastructure.”

Investment in Singapore

To drive continued growth worldwide and increase Puppet’s capabilities to execute in APJ, the company also announced today the new appointment of Darryl McKinnon, most recently from Cisco Systems, as Vice President & Managing Director for the entire region, who will be based in Singapore.

Puppet is also partnering with Singapore Economic Development Board to accelerate market entry and create the right ecosystem for innovation around Puppet’s technology.