Montalivet (the complete name for the town is Vendays-Montalivet). The associated resort of Montalivet-les-Bains is on the Atlantic coast of south-west France, on the northern part of the Medoc peninsula and to the south of Soulac-Sur-Mer.
Checking out Montalivet.
It is natural for the beach that a lot of visitors pertain to Montalivet-les-Bains. The beach here is long (12 kilometers in overall) and sandy, and mainly backed by the dune, which in turn are supported by the extensive pine forests of the Medoc-Landes area.
The beach has likewise been granted the Blue flag award for tidiness. Like the other beaches along this stretch of coast, Montalivet-les-Bains is popular with web surfers taking advantage of the Atlantic waves.
The seaside resort part of Montalivet was produced in the middle of the 19th century and is a little friendly place based totally around visitors to the coast. There are many coffee shops, bars, small grocery stores, and lodging alternatives for visitors.
Its relative seclusion and regional centers suggest that Montalivet, like most of Lacanau-Ocean resorts, is somewhat less gone and peaceful outside the summertime season. Throughout the summertime, a substantial market is held here every day, which contributes to the vacation environment at Montalivet.
Naturism in Montalivet.
It would be challenging to broach Montalivet without broaching naturism, given that it was here in 1950 that the very first naturist center on the planet was opened. There is still a famous naturist vacation village near the resort – see Euronat for information.
Finding the area.
A couple of kilometers inland to the east of Montalivet is the village of Vendays, a more ‘conventional’ town based around a church, which likewise has standard centers if little of great interest to see. Montalivet is also signed up with Vendays by a cycle course, among merely several in the area consisting of one that runs the whole west coast (100km+) of the Medoc peninsula.
Amongst the locations we recommend you check out close by are the town of Soulac-Sur-Mer towards the north of the Medoc peninsula. The popular resort of Lacanau Ocean is continuously hectic and about 40 kilometers to the south.
A little more afield, white wine lovers will wish to check out the famous red wine chateaux in Margaux and Pauillac to the south-east of the Medoc peninsula.
If you invest some time checking out the coast here, you can find the famous Atlantic beaches and resorts.
Sightseeing & traveler destinations to go to close by:
- Soulac-Sur-Mer Basilique Notre-Dame-de-la-fin-des-Terres (monoliths on French pilgrim paths): heritage website (18 km).
- Pointe de Grave: website of natural charm (19 km).
- Talmont: most gorgeous village (23 km).
- Forêt de Suzac: website of natural appeal (26 km).
- Pointe de Suzac: website of natural appeal (28 km).
- Parcs et Jardins du château de Beaulon: impressive garden (29 km).
- Royan: town of art and history (29 km).
- Forêt de la Lande: website of natural charm (35 km).
- Parc du château Lanessan: exceptional garden (37 km).
- Zoo de la Palmyre: zoo or wildlife park (38 km).
- Fort Médoc (Vauban strongholds): heritage website (39 km).
- Mornac-Sur-Seudre: most gorgeous village (39 km).
Vendays-Montalivet tourist and travel guide.
The resort of Montaliver has a 12 kilometers beach and has been popular because of the 19th century.
Vendays-Montalivet is positioned in the Gironde department and Aquitaine area (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine area), in the south-west of France at 69 kilometers from Bordeaux, the department capital (basic info: Vendays-Montalivet is 467 kilometers from Paris).
Popular puts to check out close-by consist of Saint-Vivien-de-Medoc at 9 km and Lesparre-Medoc at 11 km. For more locations to go to and regional traveler destinations, see the map and listings listed below.
Vendays-Montalivet, France: locations to go to and tourist attractions.
A few of the locations that we have gone to and examined and can suggest when you are sightseeing near to Vendays-Montalivet in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Markets in and near Vendays-Montalivet.
- Hourtin: market Saturday & Tuesday & Thursday – seasonal demand just (19km).
- Meschers-Sur-Gironde: market Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – seasonal demand only (24km).
- Saint Georges de Didonne: market all the time etc. Thursday – seasonal demand just (28km).
- Saint Georges de Didonne: market Sunday and Monday (28km).
- Royan: need every day other than Monday (30km).
- Vaux Sur Mer: market Sunday, Tuesday Wednesday – seasonal demand just (30km).
- Vaux Sur Mer: call Monday (30km).
- Cozies: market Wednesday (31km).
- Carcans: market Wednesday – the seasonal market just (31km).
- Saujon: market every day other than Monday and Friday (37km).
Traveler destinations near Vendays-Montalivet, France.
What to do at Vendays-Montalivet? Some locations with main traveler categories and other areas of interest go close-by to supply motivation if you are checking out Vendays-Montalivet.
- Soulac-sur-Mer basilique Notre-Dame-de-la-fin-des-Terres (monoliths on French pilgrim paths) (18km).
- Fort Médoc (Vauban strongholds) (39km).
- Blaye Citadelle (Vauban strongholds) (40km).
- Cussac Fort Paté (Vauban strongholds) (40km).
- Pons ancien hopital des pèlerins (monoliths on French pilgrim paths) (46km).
- Saintes basilique St Eutrope (monoliths on French pilgrim paths) (54km).
A lot of lovely villages in France.
– Talmont (23km).
– Mornac-sur-Seudre (40km).
– Cave Pair-non-Pair (56km).
Churches and spiritual monoliths.
– Abbaye aux Dames de Saintes (Saintes) (55km).
– Parcs et jardins du château de Beaulon (29km).
– Parc du château Lanessan (37km).
Websites of natural appeal.
- Pointe de Grave (19km).
- Forêt de Suzac (26km).
- Pointe de Suzac (28km).
- Forêt de la Lande (36km).
- Pointe de la Coubre (40km).
- Forêt domaniale de la Coubre (45km).
- Forêt de Pons (47km).
- Bec d’Ambès (50km).
Towns of Art and history.
– Royan (29km).
– Saintes (55km).
Zoo or wildlife park.
– Zoo de la Palmyre (38km).
Location and ranges.
- Commune: Vendays-Montalivet.
- Canton: Lesparre-Médoc.
- Arrondissement: Lesparre-Médoc.
- Department: Gironde.
- Area: Aquitaine.
- Brand-new area: Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
- Postal code: 33930.
Range to Vendays-Montalivet.
- From Bordeaux (prefecture): 69 km.
- From Paris: 467 km.
- From Calais: 658 km.
- From Nice: 685 km.
- From Bordeaux: 69 km.
- from Strasbourg: 758 km.
Vendays-Montalivet remains in the south-west of France. The majority of visitors will fly into Bordeaux airport (or Bergerac). Simultaneously, chauffeurs must enable 7-8 hours of driving time from the ports at Le Havre or Cherbourg. For driving ranges to Vendays-Montalivet from throughout France, see driving ranges and path organizers.